New Grandbaby

Infants, Babies, Toddlers, Teens with Lymphedema, lymphedema chronic arthritis, pediatric lymphedema, debulking surgery children, arm and leg swelling in babies, daily care

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

New Grandbaby

Postby Jimmie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:56 pm

Hi,
My name is Kathleen and this is my story. My son and daughter in law gave birth to a healthy baby boy on August 24. He weighed 7lbs 9oz. He was put in a baby bed while he was being checked by the attending RN's. I noticed that his little feet were swollen and red in color, with all of the excitement of finally seeing this little guy after all of these months I focused on the way he looked so much like my son. After a couple of hours and all of the stuff they do after they are born, I asked one of the nurses why were his feet so swollen? she said it was a genetic...something! I then had the attending RN contact the doctor on call to check it out. My son was with my daughter-in-law in the hospital room taking care of her. She had delivered C-section and we were with the baby in the nursery. The Dr. came and spoke with my son in the nursery and said he had never seen a newborn with anything like this and would have to go home a pull out is text books. This is when I knew that I would have to start my own research. I really, did not want to interupt my son and daughter-in-law's moment of the birth of their first baby so I kept it to myself. After, doing research I need the help of everyone out there for what is considered Millroy's Disease.
Thank- You so much and God Bless
Kathleen
Jimmie

Return to Children and Lymphedema